- I'mma goin' to New York in two weeks! I'm gonna see rabidchild67 and elrhiarhodan and some other people whose LJ names I don't remember! I'm so exciiiiiited! *dancitydancedance* We're gonna see PLAYS! On the BROADWAY! AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The show I've been assistant directing opens tonight! It's been an amazing learning experience, a hellish rehearsal process, and has resulted in (hopefully, fingers crossed) a good show!
- The children's show that I'm directing/acting in is doing well, which keeps me busy.
- I've been watching too much TV and not writing enough, but that's a standard refrain for me. I'm thinking of trying NaNoWriMo. Anyone here looking at that?
- Also, uh, I have a girlfriend? And. She's pretty? So. I like her? And. WE CARVED A PUMPKIN TOGETHER. We're in the very early stages of the relationship, and she's graduating after this semester so it's not like longterm would even be an option, but. WE WORE UGLY SWEATERS AND WENT BOWLING TOGETHER. \o/
I am super-late to Five Acts this round, so I'm just going to keep writing for a few days past the official close on the 20th. Y'ALL SHOULD PLAY! IT IS LOTS OF
Based on the community five_acts (check it out for more details!), we're going to have a week of indulging each other's favourite kinks, tropes, acts and pairings. We're onto round five now! In a nutshell, what we do is:
+ Post a list of your five favorite acts/kinks to read about. Check out this list if you need some inspiration. At the bottom of your post, add what fandoms/pairings you're interested in.
+ Read other people's lists; the master list of lists is here.
+ Post comment-fic based off of other people's interests.
( Mah Kinks! Mah Kinks! Mah Lovely Lady Kinks! )
So! Write a ficlet in the comments here if anything tickles your fancy! And you should make your own list regardless so that I can wander over and porn all over you. BECAUSE I MISS YOU GUYS.
Note about the title: I KNOW. IT IS REALLY PRETENTIOUS. But it is just such an absolutely beautiful concept that I couldn't not use it! So: liminality is, basically, existing between two different states. Hercules is a liminal figure, because he's part-man and part-god. Twilight is a liminal time, because it's between day and night (liminality can also imply being in the midst of a transition). Okay? Okay. :D
Summary: Arthur tries to be a good son and an obedient subject. He doesn't always succeed.
( You're bleeding. )
Notes: This was written for Remix...Redux. It's based off of an amazing ficlet by mariana-oconnor mariana_oconner. You don't need to read the original in order to read this, but I highly recommend that you do, as it's beautiful.
Summary: All the times Merlin had said you can trust me he'd also been saying even though I don't trust you.
( To Command the Sea (the King of Camelot Remix) )
Warnings: Rimming, comeplay
Summary: Arthur's been alone for a long time before Merlin comes along.
( It never would have happened if he hadn’t been so bloody tired. )
Hello, my friends! (Oh, god. Now I feel like John McCain. o.O)
A few days ago, speccygeekgrrl did an awesome awesome awesome thing. She did a podfic of my fic "Nightmares," and it's REALLY GREAT (download it: here). I didn't think I'd be able to listen to it without wincing and face!palming over my mistakes, but she reads it SO WELL! It's one of my favorite fics that I've written, and she made it even better. So go check that out! She's also done fics by asimaiyat and gyzym , they're all WONDERFUL, and can be found: here.
Then gyzym wrote sick!Neal fic that makes my world a better place. It's called "Out in the Cold," It's undiluted H/C, it has her trademark wit and smooth style, the amazing relationship between Neal/Peter/El (smart, in character, believable), and THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH WORDS TO DESCRIBE
( Cut for me musing about my life! )
Ash - I swear, I AM WORKING ON YOUR CHILE FIC!